Monday 18 April 2011

Cards for the cousins

My cousins live 200+ miles away and every Easter we send an "update" card, telling them what we are up to and money wallets with cheques so they can buy themselves an Easter treat. This year I decided to make the card and wallets myself. I don't really have any fancy stamps, embellishments or cutters yet, I'm currently building my creative stash but I used whatever I could get my hands on and I'm quite pleased with the result. I apologise in advance for the terrible pictures.

To make the card I took some various blue, yellow and pink papers I had tucked away, cut them into strips and wove them together. I cut an egg shaped hole in the front of the card with my craft knife and stuck the ribbon then the woven paper to the inside with double sided tape. I tied the ribbon into a bow, added a cross shaped brad and stamped a "Happy Easter stamp underneath. on the inside I attached a leaf to cover the woven paper. Not too bad for a first attempt!


The money wallets are simply pealescent card cut into the envelope shape, with my cousins' names in gold or silver stickers. The slip is linen card with Happy Easter in stickers and a pastle card easter egg decorated with glitter glue.

I had a second go at making the woven easter egg card for my neighbor and the second attempt looks so much better:
I used some floral papers I had lying in my craft box and pink ribbon that I couldn't use for my three male cousins' cards. I think second time around it went much smoother and I hope my neighbor likes it. I guess practise really does make perfect =)

No comments:

Post a Comment